28 Hacks To Travelling Cheaper & Longer
If I had known these hacks 4 years ago – I would have been able to travel a hell of a lot longer and cheaper. Being smart with your money can give you more money available to go for longer or to just simply enjoy your travels more. Here are 28 hacks to travelling cheaper and longer:
1. Stay in Hostels
4. Friends – the more friends you make abroad, the more places you have to stay abroad!
6. Volunteer at a hostel, bar and/or tours- usually free stay, discount or free food and drinks
7. Au-pair – Be a nanny for a family abroad for some extra money and free living!
8. Cook – book stay with a kitchen
9. Go to local markets for food and supplies
10. Group up – the more people you get together for that booze cruise or safari, the more likely businesses are willing to give you a group discount
11. Free Walking tours – you still are expected to tip the tour guide but you pay what you want
12. Research tourist’s sites before (i.e. all tourist attractions are free first Sunday of every month in Paris)
13. Walk everywhere
14. Bulk travel buys – If you are going to loads of festivals this summer, getting a Stoke Passport will be huge on savings and I’ll be doing the same!
15. Alternatively – take public transport
16. Befriend the hostel staff and locals – it’s amazing what people will do to make your life easier once you become friends. Plus you just made a new international friend!
17. Stay longer – the longer the stay, the more discounts!
18. Be flexible on time and dates – if you are not on a time constraint, you can book the flights and buses that are cheaper on different dates if you don’t have a set time to go somewhere.