We’ve teamed up with our friends at Stoke Travel to offer an incredible prizefor this year’s Oktoberfest in Munich.
Not only could you and a beer-buddy win tickets to the legendary Bavarian booze-up, your prize will also include a pre-pitched 2-man tent complete with air mattresses and sleeping bags, as well as daily breakfast, dinner, and unlimited beer and sangria for your campsite stay. Cheers!
But perhaps most importantly of all, as part of the prize you will also be kitted out in the traditional Okotberfest outfit, that’s Lederhosen for the fellas and Dirndls for the ladies, so that you really look the part.
Lisa Parsons from Stoke Travel explained to us why the traditional get-up is an essential part of the Oktoberfest experience:
“There is no way to better get into the spirit of things than getting togged up in your Bavarian best and proceeding to dribble beer all the way down your front. Nobody will judge you for this, but woe betide you if you don’t strap your bits correctly.
The men’s part is more simple. Lederhosen are real leather britches usually with suspenders on the front. They’re worn with checkered shirts, knee high socks and leather shoes. A perk of the lederhosen is that everything is connected with buttons, so you don’t have to go to great lengths (pardon the pun) to relieve yourself.
Now to the dirndls, this gets a bit more complex. There’s the little crop top undershirt, which is adjustable to give you more or less cleavage. Then there’s the dress itself, which you put on over the shirt. You zip it up at the back and then get a trusted friend to mercilessly pull your front strings until everything is in place.
They may not be the most comfortable dress-up outfits, and for ten minutes you’ll feel restrained and awkward, but after one Mass (1litre beer mug) of pure Bavarian beer, you’ll fully embrace your new style and wonder why you ever wore anything else.”
For your chance to win this amazing prize, all you have to do is like the Facebook post below and tag who you’d take with you for this incredible Oktoberfest experience (or like and and retweet on Twitter). And don’t forget to read the T&Cs at the bottom of the page. Good luck!
Competition Terms & Conditions
You have until 3pm on Thursday 1 September to enter. Good luck and don’t forget to check the following terms & conditions:
1. Entrants must be aged 18 or over
2. Applicants can only enter once per social platform.
3. The prize on offer is 2 x Stoketoberfest Tickets (including entry, a pre-pitched 2 man tent with air matresses and sleeping bags, daily breakfast and dinner, unlimited beer and sangria for the duration of the campsite stay, Oktoberfest outfit)
4. The winner will be announced and contacted 1 day after closing, and you will have 3 days to claim your prize
5. In your claim email you must include the contact email, contact phone number and name of your guest
6. If no winner is selected, the prize will be removed
7. Festicket reserves the right to amend the prize as necessary
8. The prize cannot be exchanged for cash or credit
9. We will only use your phone number to contact you if you are a winner.