– We meet on the street level of the Palau Reial Metro station in Barcelona from 7pm (11am on the Big Snow Weekend on January 26/February 16) to leave for Andorra
– Arrival at Andorra and check in at the hotel
– Night out on the town or early to bed, early to rise
– Breakfast at the hotel
– Head to ski pistes
– Spend the day on the slopes
– Dinner at the restaurant of the hotel all together
– Pub crawl and party at Andorra´s best nightclubs and bars
– Breakfast at the hotel
– Go to ski pistes by foot or bus
– Get in some precious hours of skiing/boarding
– Evening return to Barcelona in the after skiing all day, exhausted & exhilarated
An often overlooked Pyrenean treasure.
Squeezed in between Spain and France high in the Pyrenees, Andorra is usually omitted from most travelers’ itineraries. Well it shouldn’t be! It’s right next to Barcelona, so beautiful your eyes will weep snow flakes. Tax free snow flakes!
That’s right, Andorra is tax free, so drinking, smoking and pornography is cheaper here than in other European countries. Hooray!
We will be skiing and boarding in the glorious Vallnord resort on two main slopes, check out the stats…
Pal-Arinsal: Great for all levels
- 63kms of runs: 4 green, 16 blue, 16 red, 5 black
- A snow park, 2 freestyle areas, half-pipe, boarder-cross area and slalom course
- Levels: 30% for beginners, 55% for intermediates, 15% for advanced
- 371 snow cannons covering 19 km of pistes which guarantee good conditions
Ordino-Arcalis: When it’s slush elsewhere, there is still powder here
- Resort area: 442 ha Altitude: from 1940m to 2640m
- 26 km of runs: 6 green, 6 blue, 11 red and 2 black
- Levels: 20% for beginners, 30% for intermediates, 50% for advanced
- Slalom course
Out the front of Dunkin Donuts at Palau Reial Metro Station, Barcelona, Spain.
Meet at 7 – 7:30pm Friday for check in with a departure set for 8pm (except on Big Snow Weekends when we meet at 10 – 10 30am for an 11am departure )
Once you’ve made it to Barcelona
Check-in at Dunkin Donut at the Palau Reial Metro, 08034 Barcelona to leave for Andorra.
Actually getting to Barcelona
Check GoEuro for the best deals on flights, buses and trains. One thing to remember is that Girona Airport, which sometimes yields the cheapest option, is over an hour by bus from downtown Barcelona, so try to fly into El Prat.
What’s up snow bums?
Questions about the festival or life in general? Enter away in the Ask a Question Tab and we’ll answer them here…
What should I bring?
A ski suit most importantly since you can’t hire them in Andorra, warm clothes to sleep in and something awesome to party in, a camera, condoms (better safe than sorry!), cash, gloves, sunscreen and sunglasses.
What if I can’t snowboard/ski?
Have no fear snow bunnies! Andorra has a giant beginner area with easy slopes the whole way down. You can purchase lessons when you’re up the mountain or teach yourself some tricks off the magic carpet.
How much do these lessons cost?
Lessons are €65 for two days (six hours in total) of boarding and skiing. You’ll be shredding before you know it!
Is there experienced terrain as well?
Yep! The included lift pass allows you to access all the mountains under the Vallnord name. There are also buses to the other mountains and terrain you can check out when there.
What if we want to make our own way there?
Go for it! But this will not affect the price.So your better of just joining the party with us in Barcelona!
Where do we meet the bus to go to Andorra?
You will meet one of our gorgeous Stokies outside Dunkin Donuts in Palau Reial Metro. You receive an email about 2 weeks before departure with all the information no worries!
Can I be roomed with my friends?
We would rather you be roomed with your buddies! Just email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details before the trip start date.
Can we decide on the day if we want to Snowboard or Ski?
By default if you don’t choose the snowboard add on you will be put down as skiing. If you change your mind please find your guide and we will see if there is any availability but cannot promise anything! So to avoid disappointment, make up your mind before come.